With fashion being a trillion dollar industry, you can be sure that there are many types of clothes within it.
Clothing is worn at home, to work, when out socially or participating in sporting and leisure activities. We also wear clothing for 카지노사이트 important occasions like weddings and graduations.
If there’s an event or activity that we would not attend naked, then clothing is considered essential.
So, what are these different types of clothes?
Note: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you.
If you prefer to reference a book over a web article, then this is the best visual encyclopaedia on clothing types!
Clothing – also referred to as clothes, apparel or garments – are typically items made from fabric and other materials that are worn on the human body.
There are clothing ‘types’ based on setting:
- Business attire – worn for work purposes
- Casual wear – worn as standard clothing
- Formal wear – worn for events such as weddings
- Lingerie – undergarments worn for support and / or decoration
- Sportswear – worn for athletic activities like running
And ‘types’ based on gender and age:
- Baby clothes – worn by babies and toddlers
- Childrens wear – worn by children aged from 2 upwards
- Menswear – typically worn by those who identify as men
- Womenswear – typically worn by those who identify as women
But clothing can also be broken down into different types of clothes based on garment:
- Pants / Trousers
And then there are the different cultural clothing types too: 바카라사이트
- Traditional Japanese clothing
- Traditional Indian clothing
- Traditional Scandinavian clothing – check out this round up of the best Scandinavian sewing patterns if you love the minimal Scandinavian aesthetic!
To name just three! As you can see, the types of clothes really are vast!
Different Types Of Garments
To make this the most conclusive list of clothing types, let’s look at the above list of garment types, and break it down further with descriptions and photos!
Bloomers are an undergarment worn on the lower body, usually with an elasticated waist, and often finished with lace on the hem of each leg.
They were created in the 19th century to be looser and more lightweight than the dresses worn by women which were at the time made from heavy weight fabrics. 온라인카지
Although not designed by her, bloomers are so called after Amelia Bloomer, the women’s rights activist from the 19th century.
A blouse is an upper body garment, found in womenswear. Similar to a shirt, the blouse can be: